We aim to foster:
Highly skilled professionals/researchers who conduct exclusive research from a broad perspective on theory and practice related to the figurative arts, responding to the diverse developments in contemporary figurative arts with high-level skills and practical and planning skills, and who are capable of playing a leading role in a globalized society.
Knowledge/Ability described in the diploma policy means:
- Ability to efficiently employ intelligence/knowledge: To utilize high-level knowledge for society;
- Managerial ability: To accurately respond to tasks from a broad perspective;
- Communication ability: To pass on exclusive knowledge accurately and understandably;
- Team spirit: To cooperate with others as a team, and to actively contribute to the achievement of a goal;
- Global awareness: To contribute to international society;
- Creativity: Creative ability to undertake innovative and useful research in the field of art and design;
- Comprehension: To understand the significance and roles in the field of art and design, to identify a problem, and to judge the importance of solutions thereof;
- Problem-solving ability: To solve problems in the field of art and design in an appropriate manner; and,
- Evolvability: To assess the potentials of research that may contribute to the progress of art and culture.
Alumni/ae Career Paths
Entrance to the doctoral programs of University of Tsukuba in art and design; teachers of junior high schools and high schools; curatorial staff of art museums/museums; researchers of administrative organizations and general enterprises, etc.; as well as highly skilled professionals and researchers the ability for creative expression in the figurative arts, including painters, printmakers, sculptors, calligraphers, craftsmen, ceramicists, lacquerware artists, three-dimensional artists, photographers, architects, designers, illustrators, filmmakers, critics, etc.