コロナ禍におけるアートを通じた社会貢献活動 ：工作動画『そだて！みんなのおうちこうさく』 Supporting Children’s Creativity During the COVID-19 Crisis: Sharing “Let’s Grow Our Creatures at Home” Video
芸術支援研究会 横浜トリエンナーレの現場から 2020年9月30日までオンライン配信 Art Environment Support Forum on YOKOHAMA TRIENNALE: online lecture
芸術支援ジャーナル Art Writing No.14をウェブ公開しました Art Writing Journal No.14: published on the web
芸術支援コース・領域 令和２年度第１回中間発表会 ８月３日（月）～８月７日（金） Interim Presentation of Master’s and Undergraduate Theses in Art Environment Support
The 9th Art Writer Award for High School Students: Application deadline Wednesday, Sept 30, 2020
第９回高校生アートライター大賞 英語エッセイ募集 9月30日（水）まで
高校生アートライター大賞日本語部門 最終選考結果を発表 Art Writer Award for High School Students: Award winners of the Essays in Japanese
Art Writing No.13をウェブ上に公開しました Art Writing Journal No.13 was published on the Web
高校生アートライター大賞日本語部門第二次選考通過作品を発表しました Art Writer Award for High School Students: Result of the second stage selection of the essays in Japanese
Art and Design Objectives
Art and Design of the University of Tsukuba was established on October 1, 2011, as a faculty organization that comprehensively and systematically promotes development in relevant areas, as well as facilitates cooperation and coordination within other fields from a university-wide perspective, and that takes responsibility for both education and research, based on the provision outlined in Article 47 of the “Regulations concerning the fundamentals of the organization and management of the National University Corporation University of Tsukuba.”
The current Art and Design department began as the Department of Arts, School of Education, Tokyo University of Education; later, it became the University of Tsukuba School of Art and Design, which was established in 1975; after the university became an incorporated body in 2004, the Art and Design faculty members belonged to the University of Tsukuba Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences. Accounting for this formative history, Art and Design respects research activities that are based on the knowledge and creative individuality of its constituent members, and it aims to further revitalize any interdisciplinary and co-creative educational research activities. In addition to its aim to attain its goals in such areas as education, research, and contributions to society, and to strive for environmental improvements to facilitate these goals, Art and Design aims to contribute to promoting Japanese arts and culture as the art and design university faculty organization of the National University Corporation, University of Tsukuba.
- Through cooperation with related educational organizations, such as the School of Art and Design and graduate programs, we aim to enhance the education system so that independent, capable people—who can play a globally active role with well-rounded personalities and creative vitality—can be sent into the workforce. Their areas of expertise include theory of art, fine arts, composition and construction, design, world heritage studies, and kansei science.
- An educational environment will be facilitated that ensures the University of Tsukuba undergraduate program standards, liberal arts education standards, graduate school standards, and the quality of the university’s degrees.
- In addition to revitalizing research in various fields from theory to creating works of art—such as theory of art, fine art, composition and construction, design, world heritage studies, and kansei science—we support the development of interdisciplinary and collaborative research across academic disciplines. We have a unique advantage in doing so as an art and design faculty organization positioned within a university.
- As well as maintaining an environment that facilitates individual and group research studies in art and design, we offer support consistent with the stages of research to allow for development into a research base.
- We support the proper implementation of research activities by art and design faculty members according to the research ethics committee and the conflict of interest committee.
Contributions to Society
- The functions of on-campus facilities, such as the university art museum, shall be expanded so that the fruits of our research in art and design can be used as an open cultural resource, allowing us to become an artistic and cultural activity hub, both on campus and in the community.
- As we aim for effective use of the results of educational research in Art and Design through cooperation with various organizations both on and off campus, we also promote international exchange in arts and culture through collaboration with arts-oriented educational organizations.
Evaluation and disclosure of information
- According to faculty performance evaluation policies, both individual faculty members and organizational management personnel are constantly evaluated in order to maintain and improve educational research standards in Art and Design.
- Information regarding educational research associated with Art and Design, as well as evaluation results, shall be disclosed, thus establishing social accountability.