芸術支援ジャーナル Art Writing 15号をウェブ上に公開しました Online journal Art Writing No.15
第９回高校生アートライター大賞応募締切9月29日（水） The 9th Art Writer Award for High School Students, Essays in Japanese [Deadline] Wednesday September 29
講演会 「芸術祭におけるアート×教育」 講師：北川フラム氏
芸術支援コース・領域 令和３年度 第１回中間発表会 ７月７日（水）～１４日（水） Interim Presentation of Master’s and Undergraduate Theses in Art Environment Support
芸術支援研究会 アートライティング教育研究の新展開 2021年6月11日（金）18:30 オンライン Art Environment Support Forum: New developments in research on art writing education 18:30 Friday, June 11, 2021 online
第９回高校生アートライター大賞 日本語エッセイ部門を募集開始 The 9th Art Writer Award for High School Students, Essays in Japanese
Award winners in the 9th Art Writer Award for High School Students, Essays in English 第9回高校生アートライター大賞英語エッセイ部門 選考結果
The 9th Art Writer Award for High School Students: 147 English essays from 24 countries and regions 第９回高校生アートライター大賞 24の国と地域から147編の英語エッセイ
芸術支援コース・領域 令和2年度第2回中間発表会 11月9日（月） Interim Presentation of Master’s and Undergraduate Theses in Art Environment Support
コロナ禍におけるアートを通じた社会貢献活動 ：工作動画『そだて！みんなのおうちこうさく』 Supporting Children’s Creativity During the COVID-19 Crisis: Sharing “Let’s Grow Our Creatures at Home” Video
Art and Design Objectives
Art and Design of the University of Tsukuba was established on October 1, 2011, as a faculty organization that comprehensively and systematically promotes development in relevant areas, as well as facilitates cooperation and coordination within other fields from a university-wide perspective, and that takes responsibility for both education and research, based on the provision outlined in Article 47 of the “Regulations concerning the fundamentals of the organization and management of the National University Corporation University of Tsukuba.”
The current Art and Design department began as the Department of Arts, School of Education, Tokyo University of Education; later, it became the University of Tsukuba School of Art and Design, which was established in 1975; after the university became an incorporated body in 2004, the Art and Design faculty members belonged to the University of Tsukuba Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences. Accounting for this formative history, Art and Design respects research activities that are based on the knowledge and creative individuality of its constituent members, and it aims to further revitalize any interdisciplinary and co-creative educational research activities. In addition to its aim to attain its goals in such areas as education, research, and contributions to society, and to strive for environmental improvements to facilitate these goals, Art and Design aims to contribute to promoting Japanese arts and culture as the art and design university faculty organization of the National University Corporation, University of Tsukuba.
- Through cooperation with related educational organizations, such as the School of Art and Design and graduate programs, we aim to enhance the education system so that independent, capable people—who can play a globally active role with well-rounded personalities and creative vitality—can be sent into the workforce. Their areas of expertise include theory of art, fine arts, composition and construction, design, world heritage studies, and kansei science.
- An educational environment will be facilitated that ensures the University of Tsukuba undergraduate program standards, liberal arts education standards, graduate school standards, and the quality of the university’s degrees.
- In addition to revitalizing research in various fields from theory to creating works of art—such as theory of art, fine art, composition and construction, design, world heritage studies, and kansei science—we support the development of interdisciplinary and collaborative research across academic disciplines. We have a unique advantage in doing so as an art and design faculty organization positioned within a university.
- As well as maintaining an environment that facilitates individual and group research studies in art and design, we offer support consistent with the stages of research to allow for development into a research base.
- We support the proper implementation of research activities by art and design faculty members according to the research ethics committee and the conflict of interest committee.
Contributions to Society
- The functions of on-campus facilities, such as the university art museum, shall be expanded so that the fruits of our research in art and design can be used as an open cultural resource, allowing us to become an artistic and cultural activity hub, both on campus and in the community.
- As we aim for effective use of the results of educational research in Art and Design through cooperation with various organizations both on and off campus, we also promote international exchange in arts and culture through collaboration with arts-oriented educational organizations.
Evaluation and disclosure of information
- According to faculty performance evaluation policies, both individual faculty members and organizational management personnel are constantly evaluated in order to maintain and improve educational research standards in Art and Design.
- Information regarding educational research associated with Art and Design, as well as evaluation results, shall be disclosed, thus establishing social accountability.